What neurological conditions do we treat?We have a specialised neurological program to facilitate the recovery of patients with neurological injury or illness. Our multidisciplinary team has extensive experience with conditions such as:
- Acquired brain injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain/spinal surgery
- Litegait training – partial body weight support treadmill system for gait retraining
- Bioness L300 – advanced Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) system to improve muscle activity in the leg when walking
- Saebo – custom fabricated mechanical orthosis that allows incorporation of the affected arm into functional upper limb retraining or reach and grasp.
- Spasticity Management – specialised assessment and treatment by accredited doctors and personalised multidisciplinary management program
- Hydrotherapy – gravity free movement in a warm therapeutic environment can be an effective component of a neurological rehabilitation program; buoyancy can aid range of movement and allow you to build on your fitness, balance and strength; the water can allow you freedom that you can’t achieve on land
- Our Music Therapist has specialised training and experience in using music as the medium to aid the rehabilitation process. Musical interventions are focused on physical and psychological goals, mutual to the treating team.
- Stroke/Neurological Rehabilitation Services Coordinator – an experienced therapist is on site to coordinate your rehabilitation pathway, provide education/support to you and your family and ensure the intervention you are receiving is in line with the current evidence base
- Provision of an Inpatient Program or Day Program (where you come from home for therapy). Our team can provide you advice about which program would be more suitable to your needs.
- PD Warrior – A challenging circuit class for those with Parkinson’s Disease to improve cardiovascular function, promote independence and reduce the risk of falls
- LSVT Loud – a program delivered by the Speech Pathologist to improve speech in Parkinson’s Disease and other neurological conditions
- LVST BIG is provided by a specially trained physiotherapist to people with Parkinson’s Disease who are mainly affected by slow and small movements. An intensive 4 week training course focuses on amplitude i.e. ‘bigness’ of movement to improve everyday living.
Inpatient Rehabilitation ProgramOur inpatient service offers a tailored rehabilitation program to suit your individual needs with the goal of improving your functional capacity and enhancing quality of life. Under the care of a rehabilitation specialist, you will have a program tailored to your needs incorporating nursing and the most appropriate mix of the full range of allied health disciplines including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, social work, dietetics and clinical psychology. MetroRehab Hospital offers state-of-the-art rehabilitation facilities and hydrotherapy pool. Our meals are cooked on site and a nutritional plan can be advised by our in-house dietitians. In this program you will receive an individualised treatment plan which sets your personalised goals for rehabilitation. Inpatient Program Details For all inpatient enquiries please contact our rehabilitation coordinator on: P (02) 8585 4900 E email@example.com or complete an inpatient referral form
Rehabilitation Day ProgramThe day program provides rehabilitation to patients who are well enough and independent enough to come in from home rather than staying in hospital overnight. Patients may also attend the day program after their inpatient rehabilitation admission. Day Program Details For all bookings and enquiries please contact our day program Coordinator on: P (02) 8585 4914 E firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a day program referral form For more information on our rehabilitation programs, contact us on (02) 8585 4900.
MetroRehab Hospital provides rehabilitation services to people with illness, injury and disability in a caring and compassionate environment and we are a proud provider of NDIS services.
This service is for National Disability Insurance Scheme participants who require rehabilitation support. The NDIS can fund therapy support services for Australians under the age of 65 with permanent and significant disability.
Our NDIS team provide supports in the following categories:
- Improved Daily Living – Therapy Supports
- Improved Health and well-being
- Assistive Technology