Rehabilitation Hospital & Services Sydney
At MetroRehab we have a variety of day rehabilitation programs for patients who are well enough and independent enough to come in from home for ongoing treatments, which include:
- PD Warrior
- Exercise Physiology
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Dietetics advice
We realise how difficult it can be fitting rehabilitation around your life. To make life that little bit easier for you and your family we offer our day rehabilitation program on Saturdays.
What type of day rehabilitation programs do we offer?
The day program provides rehabilitation to patients who are well enough and independent enough to come in from home rather than staying in hospital. Patients may also attend the Day Program after their inpatient rehabilitation admission. Day patients participate in an individually tailored, interdisciplinary rehabilitation program under the direction of a rehabilitation specialist and have access to the hospital’s rehabilitation gym and hydrotherapy pool.
MetroRehab Hospital’s Day Rehabilitation includes the following specialist programs:
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation is for people who have had an orthopaedic procedure, fracture, musculoskeletal injury or trauma. For example – hip, knee or shoulder replacement, spinal surgery, orthopaedic trauma and/or amputation (e.g. motor vehicle or pedestrian accident)
- Neurological Rehabilitation is for people following stroke, acquired brain injury, brain/spinal surgery or other neurological conditions including Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease or other peripheral neurological diseases
- Reconditioning Rehabilitation is for people who have become deconditioned as a result of an acute illness, surgical procedure, extended hospital admission or exacerbation of a chronic condition
- Cancer Rehabilitation is for people who have had a primary cancer diagnosis or treatment (e.g. chemotherapy and/or radiation)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation is for people who have had cardiac surgery, a cardiac event such as a heart attack, or a diagnosis of cardiac disease.
Ask your specialist or GP to make a referral for you to our day rehabilitation program, you can fill the PDF form out and fax across or our online form. Simply call (02) 8585 4914 to book an appointment.
Your recovery and rehabilitation
It is important that you take an active role in your rehabilitation program and recovery by:
- Attending your day program rehabilitation sessions as scheduled
- Practicing you prescribed exercises at home, as advised by your treating therapists
- Using the skills and techniques you have learnt in therapy in your daily routine to increase your independence
- Our specialist team will work with you, your family and/or carers to establish your own specific goals and rehabilitation treatment plan with the ultimate aim of enhancing your recovery and increasing your functional independence.
What MetroRehab Hospital offers:
- A dedicated, highly skilled multidisciplinary rehabilitation team including Rehabilitation Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Exercise Physiologists, Speech Pathologist, Dietitian, Clinical Psychologist and Social Worker
- Comprehensive assessment by the expert rehabilitation team on commencement of your day program. This will include setting your personal rehabilitation goals
- Individualised day rehabilitation programs completed under the guidance of our allied health staff. You may complete your individual rehabilitation program with a combination of both individual treatment sessions, group based programs and education
- Tailored hydrotherapy programs in our on-site hydrotherapy pool
- Regular case conferences so the rehabilitation team can review your condition and progress towards your rehabilitation goals
- State of the art rehabilitation gymnasium and on-site hydrotherapy pool
FEES & CHARGES:
MetroRehab Hospital has established contracts with all major health insurers and the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. In many cases the fee is covered by the health insurer, however you should check with your fund if you have any additional charges specific to your health policy. We also cater for full fee paying patients who do not have private health insurance.
For more information on our rehabilitation programs, contact us on (02) 8585 4900.