What is the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program?
Cardiac Rehabilitation helps people recover from myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart surgery (e.g. stent, coronary artery bypass, valve replacement) or various cardiovascular conditions and diseases such as angina. Cardiac rehabilitation is a specialised interdisciplinary approach to treatment which aims to optimise recovery.
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program aims to:
- Help you recover and manage after cardiac surgery, heart attack or heart disease
- Improve your mobility and independence following cardiac surgery
- Get you – your heart, lungs, and body – as healthy as possible
- Help you regain the confidence to get back into life, work and to increase your activity levels
- Identify risk factors which contributed to your heart condition and reduce those risks
- Improve your overall wellbeing
To participate in our cardiac rehabilitation programs, please discuss it with your Cardiologist, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Cardiology team, or General Practitioner and obtain a written referral from them. Referrals can be completed online at www.metrorehab.com.au or downloaded and faxed to us on 02 9564 3064. Once we receive the referral, we will organise for one of our Rehabilitation Physicians or our Rehabilitation Co-ordinator to assess you. They will work with you to develop a tailored rehabilitation program to support your rehabilitation and recovery following your cardiac diagnosis or surgery.
Inpatient Program Details
Day Program Details
For all bookings and enquiries please contact our Day Program Coordinator on: P (02) 8585 4914
FEES & CHARGES:
MetroRehab Hospital has established contracts with all major health insurers and the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. In many cases the fee is covered by the health insurer, however you should check with your fund if you have any additional charges specific to your health policy. We also cater for full fee paying patients who do not have private health insurance.