Respite (Short Term Accommodation) for Adults with a Disability
The NDIS and respite – what you need to know
As a registered NDIS provider, MetroRehab offers short-term respite and emergency accommodation for up to 14 days.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme refers to supports in a different way, with respite known as ‘short term accommodation’.
The NDIS is designed to provide ‘reasonable and necessary’ support to all Australians under the age of 65 with permanent and significant disability. If you are eligible to access the NDIS, respite can be funded as part of your plan. If you think you will need respite in the year ahead, it is important that you request ‘short term accommodation’ as part of your NDIS plan. If your circumstances change and you need to access funding for emergency respite, you can request a review of your plan.
About our short term accommodation (respite)
MetroRehab has been providing private residential rehabilitation services for over 25 years. Our home away from home environment offers a comfortable stay for individuals needing short term respite support.
As an established rehabilitation service our team are experienced in responding to clinical emergencies and our rooms are accessible.
We offer a range of activities during your stay. We also cater for culturally and linguistically diverse populations and have access to interpreters.
Why choose MetroRehab for your respite needs?
- Our qualified and experienced support team are present 24 hours a day to respond to your needs.
- We’ve been delivering compassionate, empathetic and individualised care for almost 30 years, providing you and your family with peace of mind.
- We provide a comfortable and welcoming environment – all our rooms include private ensuites and are fitted with complimentary Foxtel channels and bedside TVs.
- Our state of the art facilities include a fully equipped gymnasium and a heated hydrotherapy pool (incorporating disabled access).
- Our meals are freshly made on site by our qualified Chef and prepared to suit modified diets as required.
- We offer a variety of activities to suit everyone, plus free Wifi and iPads, a library, board games and DVDs.
- We have a full range of specialist equipment and assistive technology.
- Our dedicated team of specialists can provide therapeutic support as needed.
Our Commitment to you
- We are committed to working with you to best meet your needs. You will be involved in decisions about the care you receive, every step of the way.
- Our support staff have specialist training and experience in a wide range of long term conditions. Quality and safety is our priority.
- We support your right to exercise choice and control while you are with us, and commit to engaging with you as an equal partner.
- We are committed to ensuring the best
Therapeutic Support for Adults with a Disability
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is able to fund therapy support services for Australians under the age of 65 with permanent and significant disability. MetroRehab offers a wide range of supports allowing you, the NDIS participant, to choose what is right for you based on your goals and needs.
Our services for NDIS participants include:
- Therapeutic support services
- Health and Wellbeing services
We look forward to working with you and supporting you to achieve your goals.
About our Therapeutic Support Services
We offer a broad range of therapies to meet your needs. Our staff will work closely with you to identify your goals and determine a plan for the therapeutic supports that best meet your needs. Our therapies are as follows:
- Physiotherapy – experienced neurological therapists available
- Occupational Therapy – includes home assessment and equipment provision
- Speech Pathology
- Music Therapy
- Hydrotherapy; 34˚C heated pool with hoist access
About our Health and Wellbeing Services
Our Exercise Physiologists and Dietitians can support your health and wellbeing with personalised exercise programs and individualised dietary advice.
Why choose MetroRehab forTherapeutic Support?
- MetroRehab has been providing Allied Health services to our community for over 25 years. Our therapists have a wealth of experience in partnering with people with a disability, and in building capacity.
- Our multidisciplinary therapy team consists of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, psychologists, exercise physiologists, dietitians and music therapists. We draw on our long-standing expertise to develop a program tailored to you.
- We offer all your therapeutic supports under one roof, enabling a coordinated approach between practitioners, as well as convenience for you.