- Permanent part-time position
- Salary Packaging Available
- Inner West, Sydney
MetroRehab is a 37 bed private rehabilitation hospital centrally located in Petersham NSW, close to public transport and with access to off street parking.
We provide the highest level of patient care through dedicated staff experienced in all major rehabilitation specialties. Multidisciplinary care is delivered to patients according to individualised patient goals and needs. Our sole focus is helping our patients achieve a better quality of life through rehabilitation, and we are constantly looking at new ways to help improve patient outcomes.
With over 30 years experience in providing private rehabilitation services, we are dedicated to promoting the independence of our patients and development of our staff. If you strive for quality in delivering excellent patient care and would like to work as part of our rehabilitation team, apply today!
About the role..
We are seeking a part time Psychologist (12-16 hours per week) to join our team. Working within the Allied Health Department, the successful candidate will work across our Inpatient, Day Program and Outpatient services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assessment and therapy provision for a mixed caseload of patients, including neurological, patients across the Inpatient Rehab, Day Rehab and Outpatient settings
- Case management and discharge planning for patients receiving Psychology input, including attendance at case conferences and goal setting
- Working collaboratively as part of the multidisciplinary teams in all settings
- Supervision of Allied Health Assistants and university students
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual who is a passionate Psychologist with strong leadership and teamwork skills, including demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Masters Degree in Psychology with minimum 12 months postgraduate experience
- Current AHPRA registration
- Eligibility for membership with the Australian Psychological Society.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Sound time management and organisational skills
- Commitment to evidence-based practice and professional growth and development
- Criminal record check (essential)
- Working with children’s check
- Immunization status clearance (including COVID19 Certificate or proof of medical exemption)
- Previous experience working within a private hospital or rehabilitation setting
- Experience working with adults with physical or cognitive disability
- Experience with staff and/or student supervision
What we offer…
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Genuine career opportunities
- Salary packaging + benefits
If you are interested in joining the team at MetroRehab, APPLY NOW and address the essential criteria in your cover letter or for more information visit our website - www.metrorehab.com.au
Please note, only applicants that address this criteria will be considered.
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check, working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process* We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.
We are proud of our diverse and skilled team of passionate healthcare and support professionals committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. A career at MetroRehab is the opportunity to make a difference with a progressive and innovative organisation, built on a rich history of community care since 1899.
We know diversity makes MetroRehab a great place to work and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the people we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQA+, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.