MetroRehab Hospital is seeking volunteers who are passionate about caring for people and want to dedicate their time to assist patients in their recovery. Volunteers with an understanding of rehabilitation and/or a special interest in stroke would be welcome.
There are a wide variety of activities and roles that Volunteers can undertake throughout the hospital.
Some of the tasks include:
• Providing companionship to patients
• Patient Activities – reading aloud, conversation, music, tabletop games
• Patient Activities – assisting with facilitation of therapeutic groups
• Welcoming patients
• Orientating patients to the features of their rooms and hospital surroundings
• Unpacking medical supplies
• Delivering floral arrangements to patients
• Assisting with general enquiries made by visitors
• Maintaining the sensory herb garden with help from patients
If you are interested in joining our team of volunteers please contact Stacey Bremner Volunteer Coordinator on 02 8585 4928.