MetroRehab Hospital holds current AS/NZS ISO9001:2008 Quality Management System certification. This is an internationally recognised certification standard. MetroRehab Hospital is audited annually by trained external auditors from Global Mark Pty Ltd to ensure that our practices and processes continue to meet the highest standard. This certification and recognition is required to maintain our health fund contracts.
MetroRehab Hospital also holdsfull current certification against the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHS). These standards were introduced by the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare in 2013 as industry standards for public and private hospitals. These 10 standards include:
- Standard 1: Governance for Safety & Quality in Health Service Organisations
- Standard 2: Partnering with Consumers
- Standard 3: Preventing and Controlling Healthcare and Associated Infections
- Standard 4: Medication Safety
- Standard 5: Patient Identification and Procedure Matching
- Standard 6: Clinical Handover
- Standard 7: Blood and Blood Products
- Standard 8: Preventing and Managing Pressure Injuries
- Standard 9: Recognising and Responding to Clinical Deterioration in Acute Health Care
- Standard 10: Preventing Falls and Harm from Falls
External Auditors from Global Mark Pty Ltd audit our compliance against these 10 standards annually. Accreditation against the NSQHS Standards is mandatory for hospitals.
MetroRehab is also committed to providing high quality rehabilitation services. We routinely collect data to measure our performance and benchmark our outcomes with other private rehabilitation facilities and national benchmarks. Some of the ways in which we do this are as follows:
- We collect Functional Independence Measure (FIM) data for patients that are admitted to our inpatient rehabilitation program. FIM is the national rehabilitation outcome measure tool. We submit this data to the Australasian Rehabilitation Outcomes Centre (AROC) in order to benchmark our outcomes with other private rehabilitation facilities and the national benchmark.
- We participate in the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) Clinical Indicator Program. We collect and submit data against hospital, medical and rehabilitation clinical indicators in order to be able to benchmark our performance with other private rehabilitation facilities and national benchmarks.
- We participate in the bi-annual National Stroke Foundation Rehabilitation Audit to compare our service provision and stroke outcomes to the standards outlined in the Clinical Guidelines for Stroke Management 2010.
- We participate in the Hand Hygiene Compliance Auditsand submit our data to Hand Hygiene Australia in order to benchmark our compliance with the national compliance benchmark.
- We collect and monitor our clinical data on falls, pressure injuries, infections, and medication safety.
- We routinely ask patients to complete surveys on their experiences at MetroRehab Hospital and use this information to further improve our services.